In addition to all the farmers market successes over the past 10 to 15 years, there are also many examples of struggling or failed farmers markets. Strategic planning can help address common challenges and provide a disciplined, collective path for market organizers to ensure your farmers market’s long term viability.
Strategic Planning for Farmers Markets (Feb. 2016)
More Good Resources
- Portland FM Strategic Plan 2012-15 Summary
- What is strategic planning?
- “MacMillan Matrix” from Institute of Conservation Leadership
- Common decision making methods
- Discussion Pointers to bring out the best in all participants
- “Skills for Successful Meetings” from Communication Ideas