Like your heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature, the idea for the “farmers market vitals” is to have a set of key data points to help you track the health and growth of your market.
In 2010, a group of market managers in King County met and agreed upon a set of indicators that can tell us something important about farmers markets.
Each indicator needed to meet three criteria:
- Be realistic for one manager with one market to collect;
- Be meaningful; and
- Be able to be aggregated with other markets’ data at a larger scale – whether a city, county or even state.
Markets Vitals Project Overview (Feb. 2016)
- Market Vitals worksheet (Excel)
- Sample Market Vitals Tracking Sheet from Auburn Intl FM (Excel)
- Neighborhood FM Vendor Sales and Market Stats sheets (Excel)