While some farmers markets have long waiting lists, other markets have to work to find the right farm vendor mix for their market. This piece shares strategies and resources on how to find farmers in our state.
Recruiting Farmers to Your Market (Sept 2016)
- The Fine Art of Adding Craftspeople by David Dickinson (2016)
- San Juan Island FM “Incubation Program for New Vendors”
- Tip Sheet for Recruiting Producers – Farmers Market Coalition
- “Markets as Business Incubators: Strategies to Grow Your Vendor Base” webinar from the Farmers Market Coalition
- “Recruiting Members for a Farmers Market” – Wallace Center
- Selecting Farmers Markets checklist for vendors from Michigan Farm and Food Systems