The process of setting up your market to accept EBT, credit and/or debit cards can be technical, confusing, and subject to change. This section outlines key considerations, explains current options, and shares creative ideas developed by Washington farmers markets. It’s not a linear step-by-step process; you may be working on various steps at the same time.
- Sample Vendor Agreement 1
- Sample Vendor Agreement 2
- How to run a paper voucher at your market
- Vendor Token Return Form
- FMC IRS 6050W Summary Farmers Market Reporting
Additional accounting and bookkeeping resources are available at Food from Farms.org, a Washington nonprofit dedicated to helping farmers markets manage multiple currencies.
- Ecology Center’s Farmers Market EBT Project
- Montana Farmers Market EBT Manual
- NY Farmers Market EBT/Food Stamp/SNAP Program
- Real Food, Real Choices: Connecting SNAP Recipients with Farmers Markets
- Project for Public Space’s SNAP/EBT at your Farmers Market: Seven Steps to Success
- USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at Farmers Markets: A How-To Handbook